Hotel VOS well-being and health measures
We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel and help you to discover the beauty of Iceland. We want to assure you that our top priority is the safety and well-being of each of our guests as well as our team. Please take a moment to read our new wellness measures which are in place for your visit to Hotel VOS. If you have any additional questions, please contact us directly.
General Property Information
- Hotel VOS´s location in the countryside is perfect for travellers looking to go off grid and explore Iceland´s vast natural beauty. Our property is surrounded by peaceful fields and an extensive black sand beach on the horizon. A quick drive allows guests to visit ancient glaciers, stunning waterfalls, rivers and more.
- The entire property has been cleaned and sanitized, and we continue to sanitize all spaces daily. Our normal procedures, even before Covid-19, are to thoroughly sanitize high-touch areas such as door handles, TV remotes, light switches etc. We use a disinfectant product that both cleanses and kills bacteria and viruses.
Reception / Check-In and Check-Out
- We encourage a safe distance between all persons in the hotel.
- As always, we respect our guests wishes regarding distancing. Guests can contact us ahead of time and inform us about the level of contact they would like from our staff during their stay.
- At check-in and check-out our staff members are keeping a safe distance from guests as well as sanitizing all room keys, pens, and other contact areas before and after use.
- Staff members frequently wash their hands and sanitize regularly, according to hotel policies.
- We have implemented check-in through your phone. We accept contactless payments.
- We have sanitizers and masks available for guests in every open space at the hotel.
- Thorough cleaning and sanitizing protocols are used to clean guest rooms, and our cleaning staff always wear gloves.
- The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces, especially common contact surfaces.
- The option of absolute privacy is available to all guests on request.
- We can also arrange for housekeeping staff to bring fresh linens, towels, or additional amenities to the room without entry.
- At the completion of a dining service, the table, chairs, and menus will be sanitized prior to the next seating.
- Sanitizers, gloves, and masks available for guests in the dining area.
- The utensils at the breakfast buffet are replaced or cleaned between rooms/guests.
- All members of staff frequently wash their hands and sanitize regularly, according to hotel policies.
Hot tub and outdoor spaces
- Our hot tub is cleaned daily.
- Our outdoor spaces beside the hotel are vast, allowing guests the ability to walk and explore with ample personal space.
Wellness measures are subject to change based on guidance from the Directorate of Health and Icelandic Authorities. https://www.covid.is/english